Exercises

How it feels to follow the principals of "Dynamic-Tension®"
Bridge
Last Name: Boggs
First Name: Robert
Address: 1444 Midfield Drive

Exercises

Post by Bridge »

Has anyone tried this? You just hold the upward pushup position for as long as you can. I can hold this position for about 2 minutes before my form collapses. You really feel it in your abs. Pushups are a great exercise, as it works your whole body from head to toe, no wonder it was Mr. Atlas' favorite exercise, as well as being the core of workouts for those in the military. Squats work your entire lower body, as well as being a great aerobic exercise, that will get you to huffing and puffing. Just do a set of pushups followed by a set of squats with no rest between sets. Do this for 3 sets, and you will really get pumped up! If I'm pressed for time in the morning, I at least do these two exercises. Later in the day I will complete all the exercises in the Perpetual Lesson.
lch
Last Name: hamlin
First Name: chip
Address: 4043 mooneyham lonewood rd spencer tn 38585
Phone: 4238815152

Re: Exercises

Post by lch »

Bridge that pushup you described is the perfect way to ease back into pushups after a strain or pull in your shoulder from my experience..... after a few days rest of course
SPEARHEAD
Last Name: Head
First Name: Spear
Address: 3 Earth Milky Way Galaxy

Post by SPEARHEAD »

I guess I'll have to try that.
Henry Marczak
Last Name: Mars attack
First Name: Henry
Address: Ontario Canada
Phone: 5194576319

Post by Henry Marczak »

An exercise I learnt is to hold the push up position at mid point, make sure you breath in through the nose and out the mouth. 3 mins is good, and 9 mins is hardcore, also you can rotate the elbows or shoulders in this position. This is also often done on the knuckles. Holding the squat at mid point is also very good, keep the back straight.
Bridge
Last Name: Boggs
First Name: Robert
Address: 1444 Midfield Drive

Post by Bridge »

The holding of the upward pushup position for time, or by resting on your elbows really works the abs. I don't do situps anymore, as they bother my back, but this "plank" exercise really does the trick. I can hold the upward pushup position for 5 minutes now.
Henry Marczak
Last Name: Mars attack
First Name: Henry
Address: Ontario Canada
Phone: 5194576319

Re: Sit-ups

Post by Henry Marczak »

Bridge wrote: I don't do situps anymore, as they bother my back.
You could be doing sit-ups wrong if they bother your back, don't anchor your feet (if you have been) and come up slow using you abdominal muscles. I like to keep my feet flat on the floor with knees bent when doing sit-ups. You can also come mid-way and hold the position.