Walking

How it feels to follow the principals of "Dynamic-Tension®"
Bridge
Last Name: Boggs
First Name: Robert
Address: 1444 Midfield Drive

Walking

Post by Bridge »

I wonder how many on this forum walk 3 miles every day as recommended by Mr. Atlas? I try to walk every day, but I do walk at least five days a week. When I have to miss my walks, I don't feel right, as they are so invigorating.
emfermi
Last Name: Fermi
First Name: Luis
Address: Pancho Fierro 130A Street Lima 27 Peru
Phone: 5114228670

Re: Walking

Post by emfermi »

Bridge, you got me on that one! I guess I keep it up 3 or 4 times a week. I acknoledge that when I don't get my daily 3 mile walk, the day after I do feel it. It's much harder to get up early in the morning. Fortunately, my morning DT boost my energy level as soon as I get up! And yes, I admit it, I "dilly dally" in bed. I still cannot simply "GET UP!" I should add that one on my daily checklist.
curdog
Last Name: Hill
First Name: Kirby
Address: Kirby Hill 1023 Forrest Lane Carthage Texas 75633
Phone: 9363713628

Post by curdog »

One thing that several of us have commented on about walking is that it is very important to walk at least three miles, as Atlas recommended. Two miles is just warm-up. It is the third mile that gets aerobic and begins building muscle and breaking down fat. Two miles: introduction. Three miles: Atlas approved.
curdog

Post by curdog »

I'm glad you brought up walking because I have been reviewing the entire course and learned that I have not been doing the Atlas walk properly. Atlas advises that you not only stretch, but tense, the muscles at intervals during the walk. I have been doing this and discovered that it strengthens the ligaments in the knee.

Once again, Atlas proves himself to be a genius!
Bridge

Post by Bridge »

Genius, indeed! He was light years ahead of his time. Where do you think that so-called new theories such as "greasing the groove" or "circuit training" came from? Atlas advised doing exercise throughout the day many years ago, and the Perpetual Lesson is a complete bodyweight program that you can repeat in circuits for a great workout. Just like vintage wine, the Atlas course gets better and better with the passage of time. Atlas taught to train and not strain, more and more modern "gurus" are saying this same thing in different words, such as don't go all out, or use 75 percent effort, etc. It's fun doing exercise the Atlas way, until tired, not to exhaustion.
curdog

Post by curdog »

Its interesting that you say that because I have been doing the Perpetual Lesson (PL) in cirucuits, too. I do 25 sit ups, leg lifts, dips, squats -- then start over. I try not to rest too much in between. This makes it a cardio - stretch - and strength training workout. Its the perfect thing. I do the evening workout the same way.

Also, I have started on light days and heavy days. That has helped a lot.
Bridge

Post by Bridge »

Curdog, I do 25 reps of each exercise in the Perpetual Lesson, except for the neck and biceps exercise, and complete 6 circuits with no rest until completion. It's a fabulous way to work out. I have tried working out every day, twice per day, etc. For me, I do the above routine every other day, and go for long walks on the alternate days, 3-4 miles. Every day when I exercise, I stretch for 10 minutes afterwards. By watching my diet and following the above routines, I am now really ripped for the first time in my life, and I have never felt better. Needless to say, I am proud to be a Charles Atlas DT booster! :!:
zigzag
Last Name: dinning
First Name: john
Address: 18 belvedere rd blackburn lancs
Phone: 01254245709

Post by zigzag »

I like the idea of performing exercises at any odd moments in the day. Especially the walking and stretching. The stretching I often do while stood in queues. I find this breaks the monotony and works well, even though I might get the odd look of curiosity.