Stretching

How it feels to follow the principals of "Dynamic-Tension®"
Bridge
Last Name: Boggs
First Name: Robert
Address: 1444 Midfield Drive

Stretching

Post by Bridge »

I stretch after I finish The Perpetual Lesson and my favorite DT exercises. How much time do you spend in stretching? I stretch the entire body with various stretches for about 10 minutes total.
emfermi
Last Name: Fermi
First Name: Luis
Address: Pancho Fierro 130A Street Lima 27 Peru
Phone: 5114228670

Re: Stretching

Post by emfermi »

I like to perform the stretching exercises found in the articles by Mr. Atlas “Every Man, Every Day, Should Do These” and “Are You Rich or Poor in Strength?” before my night routine. In the morning I perform the spine exercises in lesson 5. I have never timed myself, but I guess I get through them rather quick, between 5-10 minutes.
curdog
Last Name: Hill
First Name: Kirby
Address: Kirby Hill 1023 Forrest Lane Carthage Texas 75633
Phone: 9363713628

Post by curdog »

I have recently discovered something about the Atlas situp and the leg raises. Both of these can be excellent stretching exercises for the back of the leg. I have tried to concentrate on my form better on these exercises so as to get more stretching done while doing these exercises and have benifited from it.
Bridge

Post by Bridge »

This is the beauty of the Atlas course, in that while doing the bodyweight exercises, you are also getting a good stretch from them, which promotes flexibility, while at the same time developing muscle and strength.
curdog

Post by curdog »

I have seen so many people struggling with back and neck problems -- even in their forties and fifties! Extremely few weightlifting programs deal with the spine and neck. The core of the body is neglected. Furthermore, poor form in lifting often creates problems. And, of course, the sedentary liftestyle of the majority of Americans is even worse. I think the daily emphasis on the core of the body is one of the greatest benefits of the Perpetual Lesson.
Bridge

Post by Bridge »

Right on, Curdog! The Perpetual Lesson, if followed diligently, along with walking 3 miles per day, as advised by Mr. Atlas, will develop the core muscles. I have been following the PL religiously now for the past 4 months, along with long walks, and have at my age developed an almost six pack! :!:
Henry Marczak
Last Name: Mars attack
First Name: Henry
Address: Ontario Canada
Phone: 5194576319

Post by Henry Marczak »

I like to stretch a lot, even more so now I'm getting a little older, just turn 57 and in great shape and flexibility. The course itself has some great stretching movments.
curdog

Post by curdog »

I know this has little to do with stretching, but I discovered it while stretching. So (pardon my bad pun) even if its a stretch, here goes:

I have almost been doing dynamic tension for a year. One of the leg exercises by Atlas is to rise up from sitting "indian style" without the use of hands. When I did the leg lessons, this seemed absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to me. I had a hard time just getting off the ground. But, last week I was doing a little stretching and decided to try it. To my amazement, I rose up from that position. This is something I don't think I could have done while in high school, much less at fifty. I have shown this to a few other people and they were all amazed.

Thanks Charles Atlas. You're the greatest.
Bridge

Post by Bridge »

Way to go, Curdog! You have this old geezer of 69 beat! It just goes to show the great conditioning you can get from doing DT.