100 Pushups, Etc>

How it feels to follow the principals of "Dynamic-Tension®"
tyciol
Last Name: Hill
First Name: Jordan
Address: Canada

Re: 100 Pushups, Etc>

Post by tyciol »

Squats, if it's just the bodyweight aren't that hard. I managed to crank out 500 while I was doing supermarket work. Of course then I couldn't move and called in sick the next day... but I couldn't rep out 50 push ups at the moment if I wanted to so I think it shows that legs have a huge reserve for a lot of people. But overdoing it is bad since you tend to have bad form. The buckling knees and falling to the ground every which way repetitively isn't a sign anyone should ever have to obey (or worse, ignore).
Bridge
Last Name: Boggs
First Name: Robert
Address: 1444 Midfield Drive

Post by Bridge »

by uhlaw97 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:42 am

It could take a number of months to get up to where you can do 100 or more before reaching muscle failure.

However, doing my three sets of push-ups/dips to muscle failure program every other day WILL get you there eventually.

If a person has never exercised in their life, I'd guess that it'll probably take them a few months to get up to doing 50 at once, and maybe six months or so before they can get up to around 100...........ultimately, everyone reaches their limit and plateaus out.

Since everyone is different, it can be hard for me to predict exactly how long it'll take. For a long time, I could only do about 60 push-ups at one time. But once I started doing three sets to muscle failure 3 or 4 times per week, it only took me about 3 months or so to get up to 100 or more.

Uhlaw97, thanks for posting this. By doing as you suggest in your post, my pushup totals are inching upwards, and I feel much stronger, with more energy. Again, thanks.
Bridge
Last Name: Boggs
First Name: Robert
Address: 1444 Midfield Drive

Post by Bridge »

by uhlaw97 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:42 am

It could take a number of months to get up to where you can do 100 or more before reaching muscle failure.

However, doing my three sets of push-ups/dips to muscle failure program every other day WILL get you there eventually.

If a person has never exercised in their life, I'd guess that it'll probably take them a few months to get up to doing 50 at once, and maybe six months or so before they can get up to around 100...........ultimately, everyone reaches their limit and plateaus out.

Since everyone is different, it can be hard for me to predict exactly how long it'll take. For a long time, I could only do about 60 push-ups at one time. But once I started doing three sets to muscle failure 3 or 4 times per week, it only took me about 3 months or so to get up to 100 or more. Thanks Uhlaw97 for your posting.

This program is really working for my grandson. His pushups totals are steadily increasing. I am going to give this program a serious long term trial myself.