How it feels to follow the principals of "Dynamic-Tension®"
victorp21
Last Name: Victor
First Name: Perez
Address: 510A Mystic Ave Apt 23 Somerville MA 02145
Phone: 8572048600

Doing DT again

Post by victorp21 »

I began doing DT since 2004, then went and tried other courses which were pretty good but somehow I couldn't resist going back to DT. I think the Charles Atlas method is the smartest exercise regime with its theory of "train don't strained". Training everyday like that will give you best results and overall health. In my exercise routing I'll like to define myself as an Atlas man for the rest of my life. DT is the real deal, not only is an exercise routine but also a way of life.

Regards,
Victor Perez
Bridge
Last Name: Boggs
First Name: Robert
Address: 1444 Midfield Drive

Re: Doing DT again

Post by Bridge »

Training not straining while doing exercise is a concept that will serve you well throughout life. You can exercise even into old age by using this great idea. If we strain at every workout, always trying to do more and more, over time, we burn ourselves out, and possibly even injure ourselves. DT is a total health program, not just a program to develop huge, bulging muscles. DT develops your body proportionately, your total body as a unit, not just bulging biceps or a big chest. I believe that the Perpetual Lesson is the greatest single lesson every written in fitness history, as it covers all you really need to maintain fitness. I think we have all dabbled with other courses and methods over time, but I can assure you with my "old age" wisdom that DT is the best.
curdog
Last Name: Hill
First Name: Kirby
Address: Kirby Hill 1023 Forrest Lane Carthage Texas 75633
Phone: 9363713628

Post by curdog »

Well said, friend. About a year ago I started experimenting with Strongfortism and ended up with a severely injured elbow. Like you, I returned to Atlas and plan to stay with it as long as I can.
victorp21

Post by victorp21 »

Bridge, curdog thanks for the encouragement. After I completed the DT course in 2004 I experimented with other Bodyweight programs, all of them good. I even experimented with one program which was inspired on the DT program (I would not mention the name of such program in this forum for fear that my post will be deleted) whose author I respect and admire alot. It was good but still in my heart I felt the desire to go DT by Charles Atlas. Because DT is not only an exercise program but a way of live. :D
Henry Marczak
Last Name: Mars attack
First Name: Henry
Address: Ontario Canada
Phone: 5194576319

Doing DT

Post by Henry Marczak »

There's a lot of bodyweight systems on-line but none have what is in the Dynamic Tension System, with the exception of a couple of copy cats, who don't have the complete variety of exercises anyways. The other systems seem to be fast as possible in a short time, not into that and extreme gymnastics, beyond my abilities. You don't have to flog yourself with Charles Atlas training to get great results.
victorp21

Post by victorp21 »

Other bodyweight exercise programs tell you that to get maximum results you should workout at least 5 times a week, on the other hand Charles Atlas tells you to workout in the beginning lessons 2 times a day 7 days a week and daily on the perpetual lesson. I believe that training 2 times a day daily with the "train don't strain philosophy" will get you better results faster and keep you strong on the long run in your life. :D
emfermi
Last Name: Fermi
First Name: Luis
Address: Pancho Fierro 130A Street Lima 27 Peru
Phone: 5114228670

Post by emfermi »

I agree with you all!!! Great posts!!! I guess you get corious about what other systems are about. I have never tried any weight system, but I do have read other weightless programs. I always came back to DT after trying them for a very short time. I guess now I can say with more knoledge than before that DT is the best. I guess that is why on the cover of DT it reads "Health, Strength and Physique Building System". You build your health as much as your body with DT and that is what is bet about it!!!

God bless you all.