Dynamic Tension while in my cubicle...

How it feels to follow the principals of "Dynamic-Tension®"
Wildman Dave
Last Name: David
First Name: Palmer
Address: 7735 east links blvd apartment 103 bixby ok 74008

Dynamic Tension while in my cubicle...

Post by Wildman Dave »

I love strength building and at 44 I am in better shape now than when I was 20...I purchased a Charles Atlas course when I was 15 years old and last year started getting back into dynamic tension. I find that during odd moments in the day that I can practice certain moves at my desk in my cubicle with out my co worker noticing or paying too much attention. I was wondering if any one else does this same thing at work?
emfermi
Last Name: Fermi
First Name: Luis
Address: Pancho Fierro 130A Street Lima 27 Peru
Phone: 5114228670

Re: Dynamic Tension while in my cubicle...

Post by emfermi »

Definitely!!! When I first did the course it caught my attention that Mr. Atlas mentioned for some exercises "good to practice at odd times". So I tried to do that and it kind of my work day. I must admit that sometimes they are noticeable (specially the unnumbered abdominal exercise from lesson 4). Besides, I am the only guy with a carton of milk on his desk :D
tyciol
Last Name: Hill
First Name: Jordan
Address: Canada

Post by tyciol »

This is a major attraction of this program to me. It's sort of like how elastic tubes have the portability advantage over weights, and dynamic tension has that even moreso. I guess it's a tradeoff between direct numerical knowledge of our exertion versus the ease of accessing that exertion at the cost of relying on our sense of perceived effort.

My one lament is I can't seem to find a way to work the posterior deltoid fibres since the other arm can't reach across far enough to grasp it in a contracted position. Needing to round the shoulders forward during a pulling movement feels strange.
uhlaw97
Last Name: Adams
First Name: Ryon
Address: 22206 Indigo Pines Lane Katy TX 77450
Phone: 2813983038

Post by uhlaw97 »

One of the biggest advantages of the Atlas Course is its portability. Once you learn the exercises (especially the last lesson, with its exercises for "perpetual" fitness), you can take them with you and do them anywhere. This is especially advantageous for people that do a lot of business traveling and often find themselves staying in hotels which may not always have adequate fitness facilities. Because the Atlas Course uses no apparatus, its exercises can easily be performed inside hotel rooms, on camping trips, at the office, or in the privacy of one's own home.