How Do You Train?

How it feels to follow the principals of "Dynamic-Tension®"
Bridge
Last Name: Boggs
First Name: Robert
Address: 1444 Midfield Drive

How Do You Train?

Post by Bridge »

Morning and evening? Before breakfast? Every day? Every other day?

I find that if I work out two days in a row with high volume, then rest one day, continue to work out the next three days, and then take a day off, works best for me. I don't do well with two days off, as I get lazy and start to make excuses to just sleep in. I work out before breakfast, doing my DT and calisthenics during my morning walk.
Marine0861
Last Name: Williams
First Name: Stephen
Address: TEXAS

Re: How Do You Train?

Post by Marine0861 »

Every day I do Chair Dips, DT (Lesson 1, and Lesson 9) and finish with squats for cardio. Sure, every now and then I may miss a day or take Sunday off on purpose, but this habit ensures I train 90-95% of the month. That's a pretty good success rate. And man, it's working great! I too train before breakfast so I know I'm burning fat since I have no calories/carbs to burn.

I'm a purpose driven man, I want that trophy, and to wear the "Body By Atlas" t-shirt come the Summer :mrgreen: and make all the girls go :shock:

:lol:
Bridge

Post by Bridge »

Good luck, both on making the girls go :o , and getting the trophy ;)!
SPEARHEAD
Last Name: Head
First Name: Spear
Address: 3 Earth Milky Way Galaxy

Post by SPEARHEAD »

Once a day, in the morning, before breakfast, perpetual lesson, and any other DT exercises I might feel like I should be doing at the moment. And speed walking.
Bridge

Post by Bridge »

SPEARHEAD wrote:Once a day, in the morning, before breakfast, perpetual lesson, and any other DT exercises I might feel like I should be doing at the moment. And speed walking.

Do you do multiple sets of 25 pushups as suggested for the Perpetual Lesson, or do you do higher rep sets? I go back and forth from doing higher reps and fewer sets and lower reps and more sets. Which do you recommend? Have a great New Year 2015!
SPEARHEAD
Last Name: Head
First Name: Spear
Address: 3 Earth Milky Way Galaxy

Post by SPEARHEAD »

3 sets of 50 reps each. I'm 21 years younger than you, so I don't know what advice to give you. I've done the fewer reps and more sets routine before, and it seems to work too. If going back and forth from doing higher reps and fewer sets and lower reps and more sets works for you, then by all means continue that regimen.
Bridge

Post by Bridge »

SPEARHEAD wrote:3 sets of 50 reps each. I'm 21 years younger than you, so I don't know what advice to give you. I've done the fewer reps and more sets routine before, and it seems to work too. If going back and forth from doing higher reps and fewer sets and lower reps and more sets works for you, then by all means continue that regimen.

Thanks for your reply! Sometimes older is not always wiser, as I sometimes try to do too much. By doing say 6 sets of 25 one day, and 3 sets of 50 the next day, it seems to keep me fresh, sort of a hard-easy effect. So, yes, I will follow your advice and keep doing what seems to be working. Best regards.
ttiros1
Last Name: s
First Name: thomas
Address: Virginia

Post by ttiros1 »

Monday through Friday i do the perpetual lesson's and a few DT's. Saturday is just the perpetual lesson's and Sunday is a day of rest. Once the cold weather breaks in April I will walk 3 miles 3 times a week.
Bridge

Post by Bridge »

It looks like you have a very sensible workout regimen. Walking every other day is a good way to prevent burnout.
Bridge

Post by Bridge »

SPEARHEAD wrote:Once a day, in the morning, before breakfast, perpetual lesson, and any other DT exercises I might feel like I should be doing at the moment. And speed walking.
Do you speed walk every day? I have tried interval brisk walking, where I walk for 5 minutes at a very brisk pace, followed by another 5 minutes of walking a more moderate pace. Is this what you do?