Follow The Course As Written

How it feels to follow the principals of "Dynamic-Tension®"
Bridge
Last Name: Boggs
First Name: Robert
Address: 1444 Midfield Drive

Follow The Course As Written

Post by Bridge »

The Atlas Course should be followed as written. Improvisation is not needed, as it is complete within itself. I have learned this the hard way. Constantly trying to increase reps, training to failure, eventually burns you out, and can cause injury. So a word to the wise, follow the course as written.
geosta
Last Name: Stathis
First Name: George
Address: Amfipoleos 18-20 54454 Thessaloniki Greece
Phone: 2310921682

Re: Follow The Course As Written

Post by geosta »

I agree with Bridge. The course as written is a complete, balanced, safe and enjoyable training system that fills you with energy and gives great results if you are persistant.
"Give every man more in use value
than you take from him in cash value;
then you are adding to the life of the
world
by every business transaction"

Wallace D. Wattles
Henry Marczak
Last Name: Mars attack
First Name: Henry
Address: Ontario Canada
Phone: 5194576319

Post by Henry Marczak »

Most know I work for a builder which keeps me active, I have now gone to a 3 day (8 hours each) work week getting Tuesday and Thursdays plus weekends off. This gives me plenty of time to practice my Dynamic Tension lessons.

My older UK version of the course reads...
Practice each lesson until I send you a new one. Then take the new one and drop the old one with the exception of lesson One, Two and Three.

The exercises are to be faithfully practiced every morning immediately on arising and before retiring.
I read someplace that the lessons where mailed out once a month back then, this way you practice a lesson for a longer period. I'm contemplating giving this version of the instructions a go starting today. Not sure about "immediately on arising and before retiring", maybe early in the day and later in the afternoon.
Henry Marczak
Last Name: Mars attack
First Name: Henry
Address: Ontario Canada
Phone: 5194576319

Post by Henry Marczak »

Atlas also adds...
I DO NOT ADVISE DOING THEM ALL AT ONE TIME, but a few in the morning and again at night.
I'm thinking this doesn't mean doing dips twice a day, but split lesson 1,3 and extra changing lesson into two workouts. Lesson 3 would be a good lesson to practice each morning.
Over43
Last Name: Ziegler
First Name: Jon
Address: Rexburg ID
Phone: 2083599708

Post by Over43 »

Henry Marczak wrote:Atlas also adds...
I DO NOT ADVISE DOING THEM ALL AT ONE TIME, but a few in the morning and again at night.
I'm thinking this doesn't mean doing dips twice a day, but split lesson 1,3 and extra changing lesson into two workouts. Lesson 3 would be a good lesson to practice each morning.
I have, in the past, taken that as doing the dips twice a day. However, Henry, your post makes me rethink my approach.
Jim
Last Name: Heath
First Name: James
Address: 473 Morris Avenue Providence RI 02906

Post by Jim »

When I originally took the course in 1998 (!) it was clear -- do the current lessons x2 per day, a.m. and p.m. The end of the course instructions -- the Perpetual Lesson -- were to be done once a day, even splitting them up if that is preferable.

The original course lessons done twice a day is intense and takes real commitment and effort, but it pays off. I think it would be pretty tough to keep that pace up throughout one's life. As a senior citizen (75) I do a few exercises at odd times of day. I need more rest between workouts, and I find I get a great deal out of doing brief 5-10 minute workouts. The message as always is listen to your body and adjust your exercise based on time, energy, recuperative time, etc.

Best to all,
Jim
SPEARHEAD
Last Name: Head
First Name: Spear
Address: 3 Earth Milky Way Galaxy

Post by SPEARHEAD »

Atlas encourages us to take advantage of odd moment during the day to slip in some exercise. I don't think all the exercises lend themselves to doing in odd moments, but many do.
Vitaman
Last Name: Man
First Name: Vita
Address: Staten island NY

Post by Vitaman »

so far so good, i have a goal to get to 25 dips each and every time , and the same for rope pulls etc. There is a logical progression for a reason.
SPEARHEAD
Last Name: Head
First Name: Spear
Address: 3 Earth Milky Way Galaxy

Post by SPEARHEAD »

How many sets of dips to you plan on doing.
Vitaman
Last Name: Man
First Name: Vita
Address: Staten island NY

Post by Vitaman »

the 25 didn't last long got a little cocky...making it to 20 no problem, may try to add another set soon.
Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many.