Another new student

Talk about your course experiences, ask questions of fellow Atlas Students and have fun!
K Hill
Last Name: Hill
First Name: Ken
Address: Southern IL

Another new student

Post by K Hill »

Hello fellow students.

I ordered the course on Aug 19. I had been doing dips since then and a lot of walking and I also cut out the alcohol and junk food to try to lose weight. Since then, I've been going through the lessons and I'm just thrilled with the results so far.

A little background: I'm 66 years old, out of shape and while not obese, I'm still overweight. In July, my med sup insurance sent me a free membership to a nearby gym. From my last physical, I knew that I had a choice of getting back in shape a little or I'd have to start taking blood pressure medicine. I hate taking medicine. I started working out on the elliptical, the bicycle and the treadmill. I'd see these young fit people working with weights and my thoughts were "That would give me a hernia", "There's no way my back would hold up to that", and "That one would destroy my knees." Lifting weights is definitely not for me.

I remembered the Charles Atlas ads from comic books when I was a kid. A quick search online and I found that the company was not only still in business, but the cost seemed very reasonable. Ordering was the best decision I could have made for my health. I can't believe how fast the results are coming. Obvious results in my chest, arms, shoulders and back! My weight has dropped from 213 lbs to 204 so far, and that's with gaining muscle. An added bonus is that I can go through the exercises in less time than it took me to drive to the gym and back.

I can't wait to see how much improvement there will be when I finish the 12 lessons!
ttiros1
Last Name: s
First Name: thomas
Address: Virginia

Re: Another new student

Post by ttiros1 »

Congratulations!!! It does work especially for us old guys.
Henry Marczak
Last Name: Mars attack
First Name: Henry
Address: Ontario Canada
Phone: 5194576319

Post by Henry Marczak »

Hi Ken,
lots of very good exercises in the Dynamic Tension System, explore them all.
K Hill

Post by K Hill »

I honestly didn't realize how bad of shape I let myself get. I couldn't do any of Lesson 1 Exercise 7, not even a little bit. Now, I'm up to doing two sets of five with a little breather in between. My first set of dips, I could only do four. I'm already up to sets of 18 with 22 being my best effort. It's coming along slow but steady. The fact that I can actually see and feel the progress keeps me motivated.
DonRagsdale
Last Name: Ragsdale
First Name: Don
Address: Texas-USA
Phone: 8184037731

Post by DonRagsdale »

Dear Ken,
Thanks so much for writing. Glad to see that you are enjoying the course. I find it to be a comprehensive health program for becoming mentally, physically and spiritually fit...really fit! Your progress will feed your motivation as well as thinking about the benefits your persistent efforts will bring you. Healthful habits shall be developed making you stronger in so many ways allowing you to feel better as you are able to do more. Your cardio exercise that you are doing complements this program nicely. No doubt the quality of your life will improve and hopefully, God willing, your lifespan shall also increase. I wish you the very best in this most worthwhile endeavor, Ken.
Sincerely,
Don Ragsdale
Atlas Student
geosta
Last Name: Stathis
First Name: George
Address: Amfipoleos 18-20 54454 Thessaloniki Greece
Phone: 2310921682

Post by geosta »

Hello Ken,
congratulations on your fitness journey as an Atlas student.
Dynamic tension is -in my opinion- the safest, injury-free method to develop a strong and functional body that will look and feel at least 20 years younger than your age.
Charles Atlas advises also on a daily aerobic routine at lesson 8 and at the perpetual lesson.
I'm sure that by losing weight and keep doing your Dynamic Tension and aerobic workouts you'll not only lower your blood pressure but you will improve all vital indicators.
Wellcome!
"Give every man more in use value
than you take from him in cash value;
then you are adding to the life of the
world
by every business transaction"

Wallace D. Wattles
K Hill

Post by K Hill »

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I can really tell a difference in look and feel so far. The "old man" noises I used to occasionally make when getting out of a chair or just putting my shoes on are totally gone. My sets of dips are up to 20 to 25 at a time. The arms and shoulders are filling out more and more all the time (big motivation there).

All in all, it's going good. Wish I would have started this years ago, but better late than never.
K Hill

A milestone reached

Post by K Hill »

I hit a milestone when I weighed this morning - 198.8 lbs! It's the first time I've weighed less than 200 in over a decade, possibly two. I still need to lose another 15 to 20 lbs, and I know it will take awhile, but seeing the results the course so far has made me very dedicated to stick to it. Chapter two is a big help toward getting and staying healthy.

One part of the course that I've been ignoring is going to change starting today - the daily Music Bath. "If you own a musical instrument, let its beneficial harmonies elevate and refresh your mind, body, and soul." I'm going to try to harness the same dedication I have to go from out of shape and overweight to lean and fit to help me go from a mediocre guitar player to one that shows at least a little talent. Maybe a little push from the Charles Atlas Course will help get me there.

Hope everyone is enjoying their DT journey as much as I am.

Ken
Henry Marczak
Last Name: Mars attack
First Name: Henry
Address: Ontario Canada
Phone: 5194576319

Another new day

Post by Henry Marczak »

I worked as a construction labourer but now retired so have to use my whole day for fitness. I have several exercise routines through the day plus walking/hiking and swimming in my apartment building indoor pool. I was very lean when working and since retiring have gained a little belly fat which is my goal to get rid of.

I was 148lbs then started to eat more using a food tracker and got to 154lbs, the intention was muscle gain but think mainly belly fat. So now my aim is not to track food and eat instinctively, tracking food to get my recommended macros wasn't a good idea. At 138lbs is when my abs are really defined. My height is 5' 8" age 69
K Hill

Weight control and course progress

Post by K Hill »

I retired a few years ago and a lot of my fat came from beer and high calorie meals. Now when we go out, I look for the lower calorie choices, which leaves out the fried foods and desserts, and my beer drinking is practically non-existent. It's a small price to pay to focus on health.

Along with the Atlas course, the wife and I also go to a water aerobics course for about 45 minutes twice a week. I'm sure it helps a some.

I'm only a little bit taller than you, Henry, at 5'10". I'd be happy to get down to 185 and absolutely thrilled to hit 180. That's my goal, anyway. I'm in no hurry to reach that goal and I'm definitely not going to obsess over it, it's just something I'm shooting for, and I think it's achievable as long as I stick with the plan.

It's also nice to see the tangible progress. Today, I did 30 dips in one set for the first time. Doesn't sound like many, but for me it's great progress. I started at 4 to a set. It wasn't that long ago that I topped out at 20. Just love seeing that number go up, even if it does go back down some days. I know it's trending up.