No Golden Road to Fitness

Talk about your course experiences, ask questions of fellow Atlas Students and have fun!
curdog
Last Name: Hill
First Name: Kirby
Address: Kirby Hill 1023 Forrest Lane Carthage Texas 75633
Phone: 9363713628

No Golden Road to Fitness

Post by curdog »

It seems to me that people want an easy way to fitness. Belts that flex muscles without effort but with electrical stimulation. "Be ripped in 30 days." Atlas never promises that, but it delivers a fit body in the only intelligent, honest, and real way . . . but dedication, effort, and committment.
SPEARHEAD
Last Name: Head
First Name: Spear
Address: 3 Earth Milky Way Galaxy

Re: No Golden Road to Fitness

Post by SPEARHEAD »

D.T. goes after the whole man -- body, soul, and spirit. The so called easy ways go after the pocket book. They might do some short term physical good, but every real bodybuilder and physical culturist knows there is no easy way. Those easy ways are generally advertised to those individuals who are in most need of exercise but are the least prone to do so. They're the couch potatoes who are content with their condition and only own physical fitness as a passing fancy. They're easily suckered out of their money, and when they discover the effort that is required, even by their easy ways, they put them in the closets or under their beds never to see the light of day until time for a garage sale. IMO
Henry Marczak
Last Name: Mars attack
First Name: Henry
Address: Ontario Canada
Phone: 5194576319

Post by Henry Marczak »

dedication, effort, and commitment.

You gain zero without it.
curdog

Post by curdog »

I couldn't agree more. I love waht you said about how Atlas goes after the whole man -- spirit, soul, and body. Sometimes I like to read Atlas' advice about worry or anger over and over. Its sinking in and making a difference in my life. I owe a lot to Atlas.
SPEARHEAD wrote:D.T. goes after the whole man -- body, soul, and spirit. The so called easy ways go after the pocket book. They might do some short term physical good, but every real bodybuilder and physical culturist knows there is no easy way. Those easy ways are generally advertised to those individuals who are in most need of exercise but are the least prone to do so. They're the couch potatoes who are content with their condition and only own physical fitness as a passing fancy. They're easily suckered out of their money, and when they discover the effort that is required, even by their easy ways, they put them in the closets or under their beds never to see the light of day until time for a garage sale. IMO
curdog

Post by curdog »

This week I have watched three infomercials about fitness. All three of them had you sitting in a chair. One was supposed to be good for your back, one for the abs, and the other for all around geriatric fitness. Besides the chair, they also had something else in common. They all promised fitness without effort. Just sit in the chair and let the chair take you to fitness.

How different that is from Atlas who tells you the TRUTH: You can't get anywhere without the intelligent, disciplined effort.

I know Atlas works. But I have to work the program for it to yield its benefits. We all know that farming can yield a crop, but there will be no reaping without sowing.

My mother used to quote some mathematician who told a spoiled princes that there was NO GOLDEN ROAD TO GEOMETRY. The prince and the pauper have to get it the same way, but study.

What is true of geometry is also true of fitness. There is no golden road to fitness. You earn it by the daily formation of good habits, and in those habits you form a good life.
Bridge
Last Name: Boggs
First Name: Robert
Address: 1444 Midfield Drive

Post by Bridge »

The greatest things that I have learned from the Atlas course is to exercise every day, and to train don't strain. By making an everyday commitment, you stay focused with your exercise, and by training not straining, you energize yourself and don't burn out. The worst mantra that has affected most of us, is the old adage of "no pain, no gain." You won't bulk up like Arnold by doing the Atlas course, but you will have good health and functional fitness, and as you grow older, these aspects are more important than bulging muscles.