The atlas course works

Talk about your course experiences, ask questions of fellow Atlas Students and have fun!
M-B
Last Name: mihai
First Name: buduca
Address: romanaia arad str stejar nr22 c

The atlas course works

Post by M-B »

from another bodybuilding forum

Charles Atlas really did make a "new man" out of me. Well, a "new teenager" actually! His famous "Dynamic Tension" course was basically bodyweight and self-resistance exercises, but boy, did they make a difference to me! In 12 weeks I added 5 inches to my chest, two inches on each bicep, and inch on each calf and two inches on my thighs. Relentless chair pushups really worked.

With this non-weight lifting physique, I entered the Mr. Scotland (Jr) contest in 1977 and placed in the top 12. My hero has always been Charles Atlas, and I even knew his son, Charles Jr, for several years. he told me some wonderful stories about his father, and contrary to popular belief, Charles Atlas NEVER lifted weights. He was into bodyweight and self-resistance exercises mixed in with some gymnastics. He also ran everyday, which explains why his legs were always on the thin side.
curdog
Last Name: Hill
First Name: Kirby
Address: Kirby Hill 1023 Forrest Lane Carthage Texas 75633
Phone: 9363713628

Re: The atlas course works

Post by curdog »

Hey M-B,
Good to hear from you. I would be interested in hearing some of the stories told to you by Charles Jr.

Also, have you been doing DT since 1977? Are you still doing it? If so, have you only done the Perpetual Lesson or have you mixed in some of the other exercises from the other lessons?

Would really like to know.