Atlas Dog

Talk about your course experiences, ask questions of fellow Atlas Students and have fun!
curdog
Last Name: Hill
First Name: Kirby
Address: Kirby Hill 1023 Forrest Lane Carthage Texas 75633
Phone: 9363713628

Atlas Dog

Post by curdog »

Here's an odd thing. I used to just walk around the block with my dog. Then I bumped up the walk to two miles, then up to three (per Atlas instructions). Here is the thing: My dog went from being a house pet to Arnold Schwartzepuppy in no time flat!! He's actually ripped. His shoulder muscles pop out. His only other workout is taking a nap four or five times a day.
hellbender451
Last Name: fonte
First Name: matthew
Address: flushing ny 11355

Re: Atlas Dog

Post by hellbender451 »

He’s probably doing D.T. when you’re not around, secretly getting ready to finally confront that bully dog at the beach and impress the lady dogs. Perhaps, if you surprise him by coming home from work early one day, you might catch him at it, stretching like a lion at the zoo. ;)
rocky
Address: carthageTX

Post by rocky »

Your post reminded me of a story I heard on the A&E Atlas video. When the court case was going on between Atlas and Hoffman, the attorney for Hoffman asked Atlas if his dog did DT. He was apparently mocking Atlas' story about discovering DT at the New York Zoo watching the lion's pit one muscle against another. Did his dog do DT? "CERTAINLY" said Atlas.

My dog is apparently doing DT, too.
emfermi
Last Name: Fermi
First Name: Luis
Address: Pancho Fierro 130A Street Lima 27 Peru
Phone: 5114228670

Post by emfermi »

Dogs instinctively stretch in the mornings. Stretching is a mild DT exercise so I guess Mr. Atlas' answer at the trial was correct.

It is also important to note that healthy humans beings stretch, whereas stretching is rarely practiced by unhealthy individuals. :cry:
curdog
Address: Kirby Hill 1023 Forrest Lane Carthage Texas 75633
Phone: 9363713628

Post by curdog »

Just wanted to give you an update on Atlas Dog. He continues to gain new muscle with every Atlas walk, but I was feeling quite fit the last time we walked, and besides that I have been wanting to make the walks take up less time. Soooo, I decided to bump the walks up to a run/walk. I would pick a point to run to, and then walk until my heart rate went down, then pick a new spot, etc. I plan to keep this up until I can run the whole three miles. Anyway, about halfway through the walk Atlas Dog started slowing down. I had to keep encouraging him onwards. When we got home he headed straight for his water dish. Looks like Atlas Dog is going to have to be more diligent with DT in order to keep up with his old master.
SPEARHEAD
Last Name: Head
First Name: Spear
Address: 3 Earth Milky Way Galaxy

Post by SPEARHEAD »

There needs to be an Atlas trophy for dogs. 8-)
njworkoutguy
Last Name: broniszewski
First Name: stan
Address: 73 Irving Place garfield NJ 07026
Phone: 9734787991

Re: Atlas Pets

Post by njworkoutguy »

Ok, so dogs do D.T. But what about cats? Why can't a cat also perform D.T. ? Pound for pound a cat will destroy a dog in a fight. Afterall, don't they also stretch?