Old vs New DT Routine

Talk about your course experiences, ask questions of fellow Atlas Students and have fun!
emfermi
Last Name: Fermi
First Name: Luis
Address: Pancho Fierro 130A Street Lima 27 Peru
Phone: 5114228670

Old vs New DT Routine

Post by emfermi »

I have acquired an old DT course from the 1940s as a collectible item. My newer version is for daily use. Comparing both versions it is really true that the DT course has changed very little through the years. That being said, I did notice one big change concerning the training scheme. The old copy asks to practice lessons 1,2 and 3 throughout the course. A new lesson should be practiced for a full week until a new one is substituted. The newer version is a bit different. It asks to practice lessons 1 and 2 throughout the course. Every two weeks two new lessons will be added and two dropped.

The first and only time I completed the DT 12 lesson course I used the new routine. I was very pleased with the results and to get back in shape, I am following exactly that training scheme again. Nevertheless, if anyone in the forum did the old routine, their opinions of the comparison would be enriching to all new DT practioners.
curdog
Last Name: Hill
First Name: Kirby
Address: Kirby Hill 1023 Forrest Lane Carthage Texas 75633
Phone: 9363713628

Re: Old vs New DT Routine

Post by curdog »

I have heard that the old DT course had one legged squats and a sort of reverse push-up done with a broom across two chairs? Is this true?
emfermi
Last Name: Fermi
First Name: Luis
Address: Pancho Fierro 130A Street Lima 27 Peru
Phone: 5114228670

Re: Old vs New DT Routine

Post by emfermi »

My copy does not contain any of these exercises. I remember that in the old forum, one of the experienced member confirmed the one leg squat and denied the reverse push-up. What my copy does contain is the "Milk Lesson" in lesson 2, which I am not pretty sure why was excluded in newer versions of the DT course.