neck size

Talk about your course experiences, ask questions of fellow Atlas Students and have fun!
lch
Last Name: hamlin
First Name: chip
Address: 4043 mooneyham lonewood rd spencer tn 38585
Phone: 4238815152

neck size

Post by lch »

hello to all, as we know CA's neck size was 17 in. on a 5'10' 180 lb muscular frame, what would be his thoughts today on how a lot of doctors actually hassle people with larger necks, even muscular necks claiming this increases the chance of sleep apnea? i know of truck drivers who are threatened with having their liscenses suspended by occupational health docs who only go by a chart, not to dump on doctors but someone who works out or is genetically a muscular strapping guy or gal may have a powerful 17 or 17 1/2 in. neck!
Bridge
Last Name: Boggs
First Name: Robert
Address: 1444 Midfield Drive

Re: neck size

Post by Bridge »

Wow! This is just as bad as some of the "proper weight charts" that show what you "should weigh".
lch
Last Name: hamlin
First Name: chip
Address: 4043 mooneyham lonewood rd spencer tn 38585
Phone: 4238815152

Post by lch »

your right,im 5 ft. 10 and go around 220 i lost down to 198 one time and my pcp said "hey dont lose no more ok"thank goodness hes using some common sense
SPEARHEAD
Last Name: Head
First Name: Spear
Address: 3 Earth Milky Way Galaxy

Post by SPEARHEAD »

Yeah. There's always experts who don't know that muscular people exist.
MrDynamic
Last Name: Michael Law
First Name: Tony
Address: 7WarwickRoadLondonN112TJ
Phone: 2223333

Post by MrDynamic »

Surely it Only applies to necks made up of fat - not muscle...!! :o
emfermi
Last Name: Fermi
First Name: Luis
Address: Pancho Fierro 130A Street Lima 27 Peru
Phone: 5114228670

Post by emfermi »

All those "ideal" weight and size tables are really a nightmare, expecially for women. The put so much stress on them because they do not "fit" with the parameters. For example, before I started to train I was visually overweight (I was about to buy a 36" pair of jeans for the first time in my life :o). I went on a diet, lost a few good inches and pounds. But I kind of over do it. I was very skinny. But according to the table is was just fine. I started working with DT and now I weight the same I used to when I was overweight. The difference is that now I am have a muscular frame. The lesson: each individual is unique in itself, and must be adressed in that way.