potassium

Talk about your course experiences, ask questions of fellow Atlas Students and have fun!
curdog
Last Name: Hill
First Name: Kirby
Address: Kirby Hill 1023 Forrest Lane Carthage Texas 75633
Phone: 9363713628

potassium

Post by curdog »

During the summer of the last few years I have had a tendancy to lose potassium. Perhaps this is due to getting older, poor diet, or just dna. I don't know. I first discovered this while training for a marathon a few years ago and almost every summer is slips up on me again.

The symptoms are irregular heartbeat and general tiredness. Forget trying to have a good muscle pump when low on potassium.

I recall Atlas having a bananas and grapefruit every morning for breakfast. Lots of potassium there.

I have a few questions about this.

First, I have heard that coffee leaches potassium from the system. I drink coffee (contra Atlas) and was wondering what you might have heard or read and if you thought this was true.

Second, the potassium supplement I have only provides 3% of the total days supply, but says not to take more than one unless directed by a physician. Does that mean that it is easy to get too much potassium?

Third, if you can get too much calcium what are the consequences and symptoms of that condition?

Thanks for any insight you might have into this.
Giant Soldier
Last Name: Cobb
First Name: Jim
Address: 5190 N Camino Esplendora
Phone: 5209069077

Re: potassium

Post by Giant Soldier »

Hey Curdog -

If you're having any symptoms that include an irregular heartbeat you're going to need to see your doctor. You can be shedding potassium somehow but there could be several causes for that.

GS