The Atlas system versus Weight Training

Talk about your course experiences, ask questions of fellow Atlas Students and have fun!
BodyBYAtlas
Last Name: Plescia
First Name: Jerry
Address: 7335 Satsuma Dr Punta Gorda FL 33955

The Atlas system versus Weight Training

Post by BodyBYAtlas »

The Atlas system versus Weight Training. When I was a boy at the age of twelve my cousin who was a high school football player had huge biceps and I wanted to be built just like him, he gave me my first body building magazine after seeing Larry Scott I just had to get into bodybuilding. But at that time I had know means to get any kind of weight training equipment plus I was too young. Then I found that famous ad about Mac and saved up the money to get the Atlas course and from that day on I was into fitness. I used the course until I was about fifteen and build a nice athletic body. I then started to lift weights and I can not knock weight training I did build a lot of muscle but at a cost, now at forty nine I have back and knee problems. I am not as muscular as I was then but I am in great shape at forty nine with no gut and with a very well tone body and I look about thirty six, how is this let me tell you, in the last five years I went back to my Atlas course and that has been my secret of keeping a well tune body.
Jack
Last Name: Kelly
First Name: Jack
Address: 23 silleck street clifton nj 07013
Phone: 9733333921

Re: The Atlas system versus Weight Training

Post by Jack »

Hey BodyBYAtlas - great post.
As another "49er" is great to see what you have accomplished. True as you said, weightlifting builds muscle...at a cost. I lifted for years and built a great physique, but now I feel it in the knees (squats) shoulders (military press) wrist and elbows (curls).
Dynamic Tension is great for all ages. I haven't touched a weight for 4 years but I have kept my muscle doing DT. It's the safer way to building a great body, plus you can do it anywhere.

Jack
Nate Merit
Last Name: Merritt
First Name: Nathaniel
Address: 3811RockwoodWayAptKWestValleyCityUtah84120
Phone: 8019555471

Post by Nate Merit »

Hey BBA

Agreed. DT will not harm your joints or ligaments but weights will do that and far worse, such as tear a musle loose from its skeletal moorings. I had a friend named Dave Wells who ripped his right bicep loose doing heavy curls.
Other friends tore deltoids and triceps. Or dropped barbell plates on their feet, or lost control of a bar during a squat or bench press. Not good. Not good at all...

God gave you everything you need: your own body and an Intelligence far beyond any animal. Charles Atlas has the goods and he shares them with the world. Hence, there are a great many Atlas students who are nearly as inspiring as Atlas himself. I see them and think to myself: "Those guys look real. That physique is attainable by honest exercise and proper nutrition, regular sleep and a positive mental attitude." When I look at todays bloated freakish drug-induced monstrosities I want nothing to do with the entire barbell "scene." No thanks.

Atlas still rules.
NJM
george
Last Name: kohlman
First Name: george
Address: 14 columbia pl Port washington ny
Phone: 5162449354

Post by george »

A steroid built bodybuilder from a mag. picture ad had me toss my atlas coure in a drawer and somehow it was lost for good. I sent for that other guy's course. I looked good after 6 months but today I prefer atlas. Hey, there was an article in popular NY newspaper recently comparing atlas w/ today's steroid BB. It said he was all natural. He was in a double biceps pose that I've never seen before but I'd pick his smaller frame over the pumped up one of the other bodybuilder which looks awlful cold anyway.
strongman01
Last Name: Flores
First Name: Giovanni
Address: 808 N. Nursery Rd_Irving_TX_75061

Post by strongman01 »

I love to weight train. But I also would love to learn how exercise like Atlas did. Right now I dont have any money to get the book, but hopefully I will soon. I've done a like two of his exercises after my weight training, and it feels good. Then I go out and jog. im trying to build my physique like Hercules or Superman, but I also want to be strong too. So, I would like to do the Atlas workout for tone and weight training for strength. I think I'm doing ok.
Henry Marczak
Last Name: Mars attack
First Name: Henry
Address: Ontario Canada
Phone: 5194576319

Atlas System Vs Weight Training

Post by Henry Marczak »

The Dynamic-Tension system blends perfect with my martial way activities, when I did do weights, my legs would be too stiff and sore for tai chi practice. I use many of the Atlas exercises at the Dojo, we don't do push-ups as part of the classes but when others see me doing some before the start, then they give them a go.
Bridge
Last Name: Boggs
First Name: Robert
Address: 1444 Midfield Drive

Post by Bridge »

Actually, you can build strength as well as muscle tone just by doing the exercises in the DT course. It is a good investment.
strongman01

Post by strongman01 »

The question is, "How much Strength?" If you dont mind me asking.
Henry Marczak
Last Name: Mars attack
First Name: Henry
Address: Ontario Canada
Phone: 5194576319

Post by Henry Marczak »

I read you can gain 5% a week if you keep increasing the intensity, that means adding more dips or other exercise each couple of days.
strongman01

Post by strongman01 »

wow thats pretty good. i hope i get to buy the book soon.