50th Birthday Workout

Talk about your course experiences, ask questions of fellow Atlas Students and have fun!
william s
Last Name: stacy
First Name: william
Address: 12400 winfree st chester va 23831

50th Birthday Workout

Post by william s »

Today was my 50th birthday and I decided to see what kind of shape I had achieved under the Atlas system. I decided to take a one hour block and see what I could do without over stressing myself. I started with 225 upright dips, i did them slowly and with good form, sets of 3 with only 10 seconds rest. I then did 100 dips with my feet 28 inches higer than my hands sets of 20 with limited rest. I then did 50 handstand dips with good form followed by 50 chinups both sets of 10 with limited rest. I finished up with dt exercises for the chest shoulders and arms.I didnt do any leg exercises because i always do these upon arising in the morning. I still had plenty of energy and probably could have gone for another hour. I could never have accomplished this when i was lifting weights years ago. Because of Atlas I am indeed in the best shape of my life at age 50.
emfermi
Last Name: Fermi
First Name: Luis
Address: Pancho Fierro 130A Street Lima 27 Peru
Phone: 5114228670

Re: 50th Birthday Workout

Post by emfermi »

I can only say WOW! :!: Very impressive indeed and the perfect example that DT can get results no matter your age. Way to go William. You are a true inspiration.
warrior
Last Name: Get
First Name: Lost
Address: Parts unknown

Post by warrior »

thats great keep up the great job
william s
Last Name: stacy
First Name: william
Address: 12400 winfree st chester va 23831

Post by william s »

Thanks for the support. I am now telling everyone about how this system can save your health at any age. A person can truly save their lives with this system. The way my health was going before I found Charles Atlas I shudder at the thought at where I would be today without it. My blood pressure is now in the normal range my cholesterol is far lower and my risk factors for a number of ailments have dropped significantly. Remember every day your loved ones and friends are getting a day older help save someones health by telling them about Atlas.
Bridge
Last Name: Boggs
First Name: Robert
Address: 1444 Midfield Drive

Post by Bridge »

Great workout, William! It just shows what we "oldies but goodies" can do! I am a little bit down the road from you, at age 69, so I tone it down quite a bit from your workout. I do 100 reps each of dips (pushups), situps, side bends, leg raises, squats, and calf raises, and then I go for a 3 mile walk daily. I have overcome quite a few problems by following the Atlas course, lately beating back diabetes. I have tried many different fitness regimens over the years, and by far the Atlas course is the best.
Bridge

Post by Bridge »

Regarding my above post, I do 100 reps total of each exercise mentioned, 4 sets of 25 each, done in circuits.
emfermi
Last Name: Fermi
First Name: Luis
Address: Pancho Fierro 130A Street Lima 27 Peru
Phone: 5114228670

Post by emfermi »

Dynamic tension is a natural way of training. And the more we live according to mother nature's laws, the more we are rewarded with health and strength :) Mr. Atlas constantly emphasized this point since it's of outmost importance.

William, Bridge: Both of you are truly an example to us all! :P
Bridge

Post by Bridge »

Thanks, Enfermi. Yes, the Atlas Course goes right along with the laws of Mother Nature, train, don't strain, exercise moderation in your diet and daily living, and good health and fitness is obtainable.
hr3george
Last Name: Robbins
First Name: George
Address: 2060B Montreat Drive Vestavia AL 35216
Phone: 2055150469

Post by hr3george »

I too am 50 and have never looked or felt better. I regularly get mistaken as being in my mid-30s. Thank you Charles!