Hello, long time no see

Talk about your course experiences, ask questions of fellow Atlas Students and have fun!
sailordave
Last Name: Bordelon
First Name: David
Address: 1112 Lebesque Rd Lot 19 Lafayette LA 70507

Hello, long time no see

Post by sailordave »

Been away for a while. Wife lost her job. Was finally able to get her on disability because of her chronic spinal problems. Her father's health (he's about to turn 84) was getting worse due to the condition of the home he was living in. We made room for him in our 14'x48' mobile home. Installed handrails on the outside steps and in the shower for him. He's now on home oxygen therapy. Have a loud machine in our living room to provide him with oxygen. Wife's spinal problems seem to be getting worse. She was in a wreck about four to five months ago. It was a minor wreck but it totalled the car and shifted some things in her spine. About the only good news is my car is paid off and my child support is over. I've got four collections agents calling all the time. We made an agreement with one and at the end of this month we will be finished with that one for good. Then we'll move onto the next or agree to a monthly payment to each of the three so we can get some peace at home. Have finally restarted the Atlas program. Just as I was finishing my second week of lesson one, my aunt and uncle are in a wreck on their way to dialysis. Not looking good for him. It wasn't the wreck that put him in bad condition. It was the wreck combined with years of heart attacks and blood clots. Now he has a broken hip from the crash. They had gotten a 2008 Dodge Avenger four months ago. Had they been in their previous car it would have been much worse. This one was much safer.

Have begun to closely monitor what I eat, how often I eat, and the reasons why I eat. My biggest problem is eating because of boredom. I tried to switch to brown rice but it goes bad in the pantry. I use it a few times and the next time I open the container, it has a foul rancid smell. Am sticking with the white rice but am eating less of it per serving. Am eating whole wheat bread. Am gradually weening myself off of sodas. Caffiene withdrawal headaches are horrible. I could take my wife's prescriptions for such a headache but I rather not do that. Will not give up the coffee. I drink two cups a day and I use less coffee grounds than normal.
Atlas Evangelist
Last Name: Merritt
First Name: Nathaniel
Address: 6655 South Oquirrh Ridge Road West Jordan Utah 84081
Phone: 8019555471

Re: Hello, long time no see

Post by Atlas Evangelist »

You have my empathy and deep concern. Sometimes life becomes unbelievably bad. Even if there is no light at the end of the tunnel, there really is a light at the end of the tunnel. I always try to remember that as I grow older. I am extremely impressed that, even in the midst of your extreme situation, you are back to exercising. You're a strong man. A very strong man. May your situation change dramatically for the better, and soon.

Atlas Evangelist
Atlas Evangelist
Last Name: Merritt
First Name: Nathaniel
Address: 6655 South Oquirrh Ridge Road West Jordan Utah 84081
Phone: 8019555471

Post by Atlas Evangelist »

PS. Keep the brown rice in the fridge.
Ware
Last Name: ware
First Name: ryan
Address: my house

Post by Ware »

Hang in their Sailordave. There are many definitions of strong that you are meeting right now regardless of how your Atlas training is going.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and better times ahead for you and your family.