exercise routine

Talk about your course experiences, ask questions of fellow Atlas Students and have fun!
warrior
Last Name: Get
First Name: Lost
Address: Parts unknown

exercise routine

Post by warrior »

How would a routine of dips, chinups/pullups,pushups and situps with a half hour to an hour of walking on a tred mill at 3.5 mph at a 2% incline be for a total body work out? Wouldnt this be better this would hit all muscle groups or should follow dynamic tension routine and add these in.
emfermi
Last Name: Fermi
First Name: Luis
Address: Pancho Fierro 130A Street Lima 27 Peru
Phone: 5114228670

Re: exercise routine

Post by emfermi »

Warrior, except for the chinups/pullups, the exercises you mention are all part of the perpetual lesson. If you want to, you could add the chinups/pullups to the perpetual lesson and benefit from a great routine. The spirit of the DT course is to be machine-less and that includes a bar too!!! But there is n othing wrong with adding these. They are great exercises for the forearms, biceps and lats. I occasionaly practice them since I do not have a bar of mine.

By the way, since Mr. Atlas recommends running or walking 3 miles daily, you would have to walk a little less than an hour to reach that daily goal on a tred mill. I prefer to go out to the park, but I know that around these time of the year that is not practical to many of you in the States because of the winter.
combat crew
Last Name: Mickey
First Name: Mouse
Address: Out of this world
Phone: 1234567890

Post by combat crew »

Hi Warrior,

I personally would follow the d.t course, as best you can. before putting in any changes.

although that is a good routine, you have suggested.

there are reasons for following the course, as it is laid out.

when you go through the course, you will understand, i'm sure.

all the best Ian
Henry Marczak
Last Name: Mars attack
First Name: Henry
Address: Ontario Canada
Phone: 5194576319

Post by Henry Marczak »

I would get a leg exercise or two in there, such as the step back lunge and squatting. Walking is best done on nature trails in the fresh air, get out and walk.