is twice daily necessary

Talk about your course experiences, ask questions of fellow Atlas Students and have fun!
Bridge
Last Name: Boggs
First Name: Robert
Address: 1444 Midfield Drive

Re: is twice daily necessary

Post by Bridge »

If you are just starting out, or are over 50, you have to begin slowly and work up. Those over 50, should realize that you can't do quite as much as years ago, and adjust accordingly. Those starting out should begin slowly and then work up to doing more gradually, to avoid injury and burnout. Henry, you have been working out for years, and appear to be in good shape. Others, your age, might not be in such good shape. I am 70, and I can still do 60 plus pushups in one set, 100 situps and deep knee bends in one set, and walk 3 miles daily. I feel great, and am in great shape for my age, but I can't do nearly as much as when I was younger, and I adjust accordingly. I used to jog 10 miles a day, and do hundreds of pushups, situps, etc. daily. Now, I do just one set of each exercise until I am tired. Yes, I am in good shape, but not even close to the shape I was in 30 years ago.
curdog
Last Name: Hill
First Name: Kirby
Address: Kirby Hill 1023 Forrest Lane Carthage Texas 75633
Phone: 9363713628

Post by curdog »

I'm joining this discussion late, but it is my understanding that Atlas does not call for twice a day. Its three times a day. Morning DTs, afternoon (or anytime) walk or run, and evening DTs. All three are necessary as they keep the metabolism going at a high rate.
geosta
Last Name: Stathis
First Name: George
Address: Amfipoleos 18-20 54454 Thessaloniki Greece
Phone: 2310921682

Post by geosta »

I'm joining this discussion late, also, just to add that according to my understanding, Atlas calls for four times a day.

DT in the morning.
Stretching before launch (lesson 12)
3 miles walk or run
DT in the night

And as Atlas says, many of DT exercises can be performed during the day at odd moments.
"Give every man more in use value
than you take from him in cash value;
then you are adding to the life of the
world
by every business transaction"

Wallace D. Wattles