Talk about your course experiences, ask questions of fellow Atlas Students and have fun!
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:02 pm
- Last Name: sale
- First Name: Nicholas
- Address: 52 sycamore rd
what is the best way to do squats. Do them with the feet flat and toes pointing forward or toes pointing outwards and knees pointing outwards on tip toes?
- Posts: 292
- Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:17 pm
- Last Name: Marczak
- First Name: Henry
- Address: London Ontario Canada
- Phone: 5194576319
I sometimes practice squatting with feet straight parallel and go down with the back straight (no forward lean) like sitting on an invisible chair.
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:58 pm
- Last Name: MacCharles
- First Name: Glen
- Address: Hamilton Ontario
Whichever way causes your joints the least amount of discomfort.
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:23 pm
- Last Name: Merritt
- First Name: Nathaniel
- Address: 3811RockwoodWayAptKWestValleyCityUtah84120
- Phone: 8019555471
I agree with Glen. Pay attention to the signals your body sends you.
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:43 am
- Last Name: Michael Law
- First Name: Tony
- Address: 7WarwickRoadLondonN112TJ
- Phone: 2223333
Make sure your knees don't point over your feet - This will save your knees
- Posts: 194
- Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:53 pm
- Last Name: Head
- First Name: Spear
- Address: 3 Earth Milky Way Galaxy
I agree with all of you. Look at how Charles atlas did them, emulate it, and if they cause you problems, adjust the way you do them until you find a way that doesn't bother you. Be careful to not be overzealous in the beginning. Some things you don't want to learn the hard way.