Water with lemon upon arising

Talk about your course experiences, ask questions of fellow Atlas Students and have fun!
emfermi
Last Name: Fermi
First Name: Luis
Address: Pancho Fierro 130A Street Lima 27 Peru
Phone: 5114228670

Water with lemon upon arising

Post by emfermi »

For the last 2 weeks I have been drinking a glass of water with the juice of half a lemon in it upon arising, just as Charles Atlas recommended. I do this just before doing my morning exercises and it somehow makes my exercises more enjoyable!!! Has anyone else tried this little advise? Definetely it is a habit that I will keep :D
Bridge
Last Name: Boggs
First Name: Robert
Address: 1444 Midfield Drive

Re: Water with lemon upon arising

Post by Bridge »

There are so many little gems in the Atlas course, that it amazes me every time I re-read it, I pick up some new information. I drink lemon juice in water from time to time, maybe I will start drinking it in the morning before workouts like you do. Excellent post.
zigzag
Last Name: dinning
First Name: john
Address: 18 belvedere rd blackburn lancs
Phone: 01254245709

Post by zigzag »

As much as I enjoy a glass of cool water and a slice of lemon during the day.Of a morning on wakening I do like a refreshing cup of tea, no sugar of course and a drop of milk.This I follow up with a banana, I start my CA routine about a half hour later. The exercises I do are usually the chest exercises. Now retired, I can now fit my CA in anytime during the day.
emfermi
Last Name: Fermi
First Name: Luis
Address: Pancho Fierro 130A Street Lima 27 Peru
Phone: 5114228670

Post by emfermi »

Besides making my exercises more enjoyable, I think there is a connection between my decrease in body fat and this new acquired habit. It is true that I am now performing an extra 5 exercises per day, but I suspect the "water with lemon" is really helping. I made a quick search on the web and found this piece of information:

"Lemon is a citrus fruit and so, rich in citric acid and is alkaline. Common misconception is that lemon tends to increase the acidity but on the contrary the lime juice converts itself into alkaline ash after complete digestion. Lemon juice with honey had first thing in the morning on an empty stomach helps maintain alkalinity of blood and purifies it. It is very helpful for people wanting to lose weight."

All the information found agrees that adding honey would help increase the effectiviness of this drink, as well as all agreeing that the preparation must be had upon arising on an empty stomach. Jeez, DT surely has so many gems in it :P