Getting rid of belly fat ~ easy

Talk about your course experiences, ask questions of fellow Atlas Students and have fun!
ttiros1
Last Name: s
First Name: thomas
Address: Virginia

Re: Getting rid of belly fat ~ easy

Post by ttiros1 »

Thank you for your post. During the cold months I do not walk anymore. I did gain 3 pounds. Using your idea I have lost the 3 pounds and back to 145.
Henry Marczak
Last Name: Mars attack
First Name: Henry
Address: Ontario Canada
Phone: 5194576319

Post by Henry Marczak »

My wife and her brother go hiking every Saturday morning for about 3 hours, the snow here in SW Ontario doesn't stop them. They plan to do the Camino de Santiago trail this Summer, 791 km (490 miles).

I've maintained my body weight of 138 lbs, most guys at work think it's ridiculously low but I was that 97 lb weakling and grew up poor in the North of England. I am getting very use to eating very clean these day's and feel that if I returned back to old eating habits I would regain that belly fat.

I haven't been putting a lot of attention to my workouts with the excuse of working for a builder but I have a renewed focus to daily practice instead of just the 3 days off work I get.

Goals ~ 100 Atlas dips, 200 lunges, 200 squats, 200 sit-ups and 25 pull-ups.
Jim
Last Name: Heath
First Name: James
Address: 473 Morris Avenue Providence RI 02906

Post by Jim »

I don't have a belly fat problem, Henry. But I gotta say I'm impressed with your goals! How long do you think it will take you to achieve any one of them... 200 squats, say?
Jim
Henry Marczak

Post by Henry Marczak »

I don't know how long such goals would take or even if I get to that level. I do 4 easy sets then on the 5th set do as many as I can but my job can effect my workouts since I'm a labourer, so there's no set date.
Bridge
Last Name: Boggs
First Name: Robert
Address: 1444 Midfield Drive

Post by Bridge »

Henry Marczak wrote:My wife and her brother go hiking every Saturday morning for about 3 hours, the snow here in SW Ontario doesn't stop them. They plan to do the Camino de Santiago trail this Summer, 791 km (490 miles).

I've maintained my body weight of 138 lbs, most guys at work think it's ridiculously low but I was that 97 lb weakling and grew up poor in the North of England. I am getting very use to eating very clean these day's and feel that if I returned back to old eating habits I would regain that belly fat.

I haven't been putting a lot of attention to my workouts with the excuse of working for a builder but I have a renewed focus to daily practice instead of just the 3 days off work I get.

Goals ~ 100 Atlas dips, 200 lunges, 200 squats, 200 sit-ups and 25 pull-ups.

Do you plan to the dips, lunges, squats, sit-ups in one set? That's quite a goal, but you have worked out many years, and I am sure you can achieve these totals. Train, don't strain!
Henry Marczak

Post by Henry Marczak »

I'm working towards doing them in one set each which is very hard and may not make it but it's a goal. I mainly work doing 5 sets of each but not that many yet. Atlas dips are hard for me since I have long skinny arms, easier for stocky guy maybe. I can do 15 to 20 Atlas 3 chair dips in a set so it's not going to be quick and easy, the most dips I've done is 30 on a good day. Squatting I can do 50 - 75 in a set, them thighs burn man! Atlas full sit-ups done strict I do 25 - 30 in a set.
Henry Marczak

Post by Henry Marczak »

Over the past few weeks I experimented to gain weight by eating much more carbs, I gained about 2 lbs but don't think this is muscle but feel it's around the middle since the waist is an inch more. Thing to do now is to just stay where I was and not eat more to think I'll put on more muscle size, this means my natural body weight is 138 lbs. At 62 my plan is to continue with Atlas methods of exercise and maintain fitness and mobility.

My foreman asked what I think about a 3 day (8 hours each) work week, I'm keen on that! getting Tuesday and Thursdays off and Weekend. Day's off is when I like to train.
Vitaman
Last Name: Man
First Name: Vita
Address: Staten island NY

Post by Vitaman »

I am trying to lose belly fat , its not much but since weight loss i have a little skin i'd like to to tighten. I take occasional whey isolate , eat whole grain bread and cereal do I need to stop that...whats good for tightening skin and losing some stubborn 2-4 pounds. ( i gained some weight from muscle though just mentioning but ...)
Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many.
SPEARHEAD
Last Name: Head
First Name: Spear
Address: 3 Earth Milky Way Galaxy

Post by SPEARHEAD »

You can't spot reduce. I've read that wheat will put the belly fat on you, so you might want to keep consumption of wheat to a minimum. To tighten the skin, I don't know, but loose skin is a side effect of losing weight too quickly. When you lose weight, it's going to come off from all parts of your body. Stay away from sugary drinks - especially high fructose corn syrup. I don't believe in eating carbs or fat for supper. Some people say it doesn't matter, but in my own case, that seems to help a lot in the war against fat. To lose weight you'll need to count calories and eat less than what your body requires to maintain your currant weight. That can vary from person to person.
Vitaman
Last Name: Man
First Name: Vita
Address: Staten island NY

Post by Vitaman »

I did have a rapid weight loss, last November was hospitalized for asthma lost 32 pounds from the experience...what I need to do is also tighten my core and lower abs
Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many.