Sciatica pain relief - prevention

Talk about your course experiences, ask questions of fellow Atlas Students and have fun!
geosta
Last Name: Stathis
First Name: George
Address: Amfipoleos 18-20 54454 Thessaloniki Greece
Phone: 2310921682

Sciatica pain relief - prevention

Post by geosta »

Hello,
I am suffering from sciatica pain (pain that comes from lower back and runs through the butt and outside of the leg) for the last two weeks.
It came suddenly, I was working on my motorcycle (no heavy lifting but a lot of bending) and about an hour or two later this pain came.
The first days it was difficult to walk and almost impossible to stand for more than seconds.

It's getting better day by day but I was wondering if there is a natural way to fix it and prevent it from coming back. ???
"Give every man more in use value
than you take from him in cash value;
then you are adding to the life of the
world
by every business transaction"

Wallace D. Wattles
Henry Marczak
Last Name: Mars attack
First Name: Henry
Address: Ontario Canada
Phone: 5194576319

Re: Sciatica pain relief - prevention

Post by Henry Marczak »

I do a lot of Yoga and I'm taught many exercises to prevent and probably heel sciatica. Basically there's the backward bending and hip opening stretches but you may want to have someone take care of you like a chiropractor or fully qualified Yoga teacher.

Some people seem to do a lot of forward bending but not backward and the Atlas System has some very good ones to try and should be done regular.
geosta
Last Name: Stathis
First Name: George
Address: Amfipoleos 18-20 54454 Thessaloniki Greece
Phone: 2310921682

Post by geosta »

Thank you Henry for your response.
It seems I was doing too much forward bending and not enough backward.
I found a method, which is practically a set of backward bending exercises (similar to some yoga movements) and helped me relieve pain really fast.
Henry Marczak

Post by Henry Marczak »

Someone from a Tai Chi group I was with said he had a bad back problem and went to the back clinic in our City, basically was given a series of movement that was similar to what is know as Sun Salutation. Basically the forward and backward bending that can be found in the Atlas System.
Kev12Atlas
Last Name: SPIREK
First Name: KEVIN
Address: N10002 Padre Pio Drive
Phone: 6084036253

Post by Kev12Atlas »

Another possible exercise for the sciatica might be hanging a few seconds on a chinup/pullup bar. In the garage, where my car is parked, I have made it a habit of hanging from the above bar. My favorite time to do it is when I return home from my second shift job.To keep this exercise from being monotonus, I change the grip spacing, and, even use an underhand grip. Just an idea. -Kevin-
Henry Marczak

Re: hanging

Post by Henry Marczak »

I use to hang up-side down by my feet, did it at work from the basement steel beams. It was tricky getting up coz had my tool/pouch belt on and restricted my movement but got back, of course you should be able to do up-side down sit-ups to attempt it. Another time I used scaffolding platform were I could use the cross supports to help back.

You can buy a pair of boots that hook on to a bar.