August Issue the Smithsonian Magazine

Charles Atlas inspires millions to exercise and feel good about themselves. Talk about how Charles Atlas has inspired you. Success stories from Atlas Students!
ca_admin
Site Admin

August Issue the Smithsonian Magazine

Post by ca_admin »

NOTE FROM FORUM ADMIN:
THE AUGUST 2009 ISSUE OF THE SMITHSONIAN MAGAZINE HAS AN 8 PAGE ARTICLE ABOUT CHARLES ATLAS IN IT! IT SHOULD BE AVAILABLE TODAY! FORUM ADMIN
ca_admin
Site Admin

Re: August Issue the Smithsonian Magazine

Post by ca_admin »

The August issue of the Smithosnian Magazine is out on the web and on the stands as of yesterday!
ChristosStavros
Last Name: Merit
First Name: Nate
Address: 38 Rockwood West Valley City Utah 85140

Post by ChristosStavros »

I left an extensive response to this article in order to set some matters straight. Here is my post to the Smithsonia article on Charles Atlas and DT:

The people that claim they saw Atlas lifting weights after age seventeen, or that Atlas said he "supplemented" Dynamic Tension with weights are untruthful. Why? LOOK AT THE PHOTOS OF HIS STUDENTS THROUGH THE YEARS! Those men have VERY impressive physiques, MANY FAR MORE MUSCULAR THAN ATLAS! PLUS THOSE MEN ACHEIVED THOSE RESULTS IN A MATTER OF MONTHS WITH ATLAS' COURSE! If Dynamic Tension didn't work as advertised those men would not have such physiques! The naysayers are protecting the exercise gadget industry, a very lucrative industry indeed! It would be very bad for business if the world discovered that weights and exercise gizmos are a waste of time, money, and living space.

Between the ages of 20 and 25 I gained 70 pounds of muscle using the Atlas exercises. I became very powerful, able to lift small cars and walk with them like wheelbarrows, strictly to impress people. Today at 56 I still am faithful to the Atlas System and can wrestle down young men in their twenties and thirties with ease, holding both of their wrists in my hand and they're helpless. Everyone I know who lifted weights has lots of damage to their bodies from them. The AMA endorses the Charles Atlas system of Dynamic Tension, which is NOT isometrics by the way! Isometrics are STATIC exercises. Dynamic Tension is DYNAMIC, meaning you MOVE throughout the entire range of your muscles motions. Calling Dynamic Tension "isometrics" is another ploy by the Barbell Cartel to discredit Atlas and DT.

ATLAS TOLD THE TRUTH AND LIVED THE TRUTH. Use your own brain and eyes. Look at the photos of Atlas and his students. Unless one is involved in weightlifting competitions, no one needs them. Period. Sign up with Atlas today!
Prior Aelred
Last Name: Glidden
First Name: Aelred
Address: 56500 Abbey Road Three Rivers MI 49093
Phone: 2692445893

Post by Prior Aelred »

I've used dumbbells & resistance bands for physical therapy for a damaged rotator cuff myself & I have added a chin-up bar to my daily Charles Atlas routine, BUT it was the Smithsonian article that prodded me to search for Charles Atlas on the web & buy the course (currently at 400 push-ups, 320 crunches & 240 squats a day), so I am glad it was there!