2020 Vegan 40 day challenge

Charles Atlas inspires millions to exercise and feel good about themselves. Talk about how Charles Atlas has inspired you. Success stories from Atlas Students!
Henry Marczak
Last Name: Mars attack
First Name: Henry
Address: Ontario Canada
Phone: 5194576319

2020 Vegan 40 day challenge

Post by Henry Marczak »

As an observance
Christians had to abstain from eating meat, fish, eggs and fats until Easter Sunday, basically going Vegan for 40 days. If you've never tried a Vegan challenge you can use this time of year to try it, regardless of any religion or belief.
In preparation for Lent centuries ago, those observing the fast would use Pancake Tuesday to also purify and remove from their house any of the items that they were foregoing for the 40 days. Traditionally this included meat, fish, eggs, fats, milk and sugar
Doing a Vegan challenge can give you more healthy eating ideas.
Kev12Atlas
Last Name: SPIREK
First Name: KEVIN
Address: N10002 Padre Pio Drive
Phone: 6084036253

Re: 2020 Vegan 40 day challenge

Post by Kev12Atlas »

That sounds challenging. Even among Traditional Catholics( in the United States) having fish on Fridays is considered abstaining from meat( e.g. chicken, beef, and pork). For Lent: No eating between meals, only one main meal( meatless days being only Ash Wedsday, Good Friday, and other Fridays) with meat; the other two meals, together( meatless), are less than the one main meal. I, outside if Lent,generally, eat two meals, per day, not including, sometimes, snacking on cookies or the small chocolate candy bars. Not eating between meals will be the most challenging for me. Henry, thanks for bringing up Lenten fasting. It is good to be reminded.
Henry Marczak

Post by Henry Marczak »

Another Christian fast done early in the new year is the Daniel Fast, only whole vegan foods and water for 21 days.
Kev12Atlas
Last Name: SPIREK
First Name: KEVIN
Address: N10002 Padre Pio Drive
Phone: 6084036253

Post by Kev12Atlas »

The Daniel Fast sounds too strict for me. Besides with my weekly weight training, and my handling a superheavy-duty floor cleaning machine five times a week at work, only a more moderate fast would work, under such circumstances.
Henry Marczak

Re: only a more moderate fast would work

Post by Henry Marczak »

I think doing the Daniel meal plan you can eat as much as you want as long as it's whole plant base food, you would still get your needs, just only drinking water would be the hard part but fresh juice would count.