The Holidays

Charles Atlas inspires millions to exercise and feel good about themselves. Talk about how Charles Atlas has inspired you. Success stories from Atlas Students!
ca_admin
Site Admin

The Holidays

Post by ca_admin »

It is that time of year when everyone around you is purchasing gifts, eating too much and possibly feeling glum. If you are feeling down during this time of the year reach out to family or friends.

If you don't have people around you then find something that sparks your interest. Getting involved in a hobby will make you feel better and distract you from what is going on till after the New Year. Volunteering is a great way to help others while helping yourself. If you can't leave your home, then there are places you can volunteer that will let you work from home. Search for alternatives that make you feel better.

If you really can't get help with these ideas and things are making a down turn, call 988 in the USA and in other countries call a professional or help line just to talk. Talking can save someone's life. Thoughts go out to everyone!
Henry Marczak
Last Name: Mars attack
First Name: Henry
Address: Ontario Canada
Phone: 5194576319

The Holidays

Post by Henry Marczak »

Mary Ann and I are fairly minimalist are don't buy gifts for each other and just buy what we want when we want something, we give our two kids money for Christmas. When I was a kid, Christmas was a lot of fun but for us we don't get into all that decorating some do for various Holiday celebrations. It's not like we feast on them traditional Christmas meals, we have done pot-luck gatherings with my wife's family but that was before covid, we did get together for my wife's mum who turned 99.

When I was working there would be works party's and our apartment building before covid struck had Christmas pot-lucks with about 82 celebrating. Mary Ann and I don't drink so there's none of that sort of celebrating, like the old saying "the Christmas spirit is not what you drink".

I do like the old traditional Christmas carols, Merry Christmas Ye All!