Food

Talk about your course experiences, ask questions of fellow Atlas Students and have fun!
Yaeger1
Last Name: Yaeger
First Name: Adam
Address: 4N 385 Briar lane 60106 Bensenville Il

Food

Post by Yaeger1 »

I was Woudering how much food we have to eat to gain weigh. When I started the atlas corase i was 155, now i am 150. How much food should I add to add more mussle?
Yaeger1

Re: Food

Post by Yaeger1 »

note. I had belly fat im not saying I getting smaller.
emfermi
Last Name: Fermi
First Name: Luis
Address: Pancho Fierro 130A Street Lima 27 Peru
Phone: 5114228670

Post by emfermi »

Personally, I do not count calories or protein or fat or carbohydrates or anything for that matter. I simply follow the advice in lesson 2 concerning nutrition, which I find simple and straight forward. The most important thing is to eat when hungry and only until satisfied (not full), besides making sure to have all the groups of nutrients each time you eat (protein, fat, etc.). I favor having 3 meals (2 eggs or a lean cut of meat, a salad with olive oil as dressing, a fruit and a glass of milk/sugar-free yogurt) and 2 snacks (usually a fruit, 25g peanuts or seeds of some kind and a glass of milk). Adding all up, I have at least 1 liter of milk (1%fat) per day. Also, when picking out my food, I follow Jack Lalanne's advice: "If it's man-made, don't eat it". There are various threads on the forum concerning healthy foods and recipes. Personally, I like my food kind of raw, but I know most people don't so it may be wise to check them out.

Remember that to gain muscle mass it is also very important to: 1) sleep adecuately and; 2) hydratate adequately. Have pure water (sodas, coffee or tea do not count) and get a quality, undisturbed night's sleep. By the way, avoid drinking in large quantities since alcohol makes it impossible entering the deep sleep stage which is when your body is repaired and your brain really eases off.

When I started the course I weighted 137lb and when I entered the Trophy contest, I was at 165lb. I have not weighted myself lately, but from I can tell in the mirror, I should be around that figure (though I look more ripped, maybe I have gone down in fat and up in muscle mass :D).

Hope this helps,
Luigi
Yaeger1

Post by Yaeger1 »

How many of you guys only eat organic and undenatured foods, I not gaining any weight I started at 150 and now I’m 145 could not eating organic be my fault in developing my body? :?:
Henry Marczak
Last Name: Mars attack
First Name: Henry
Address: Ontario Canada
Phone: 5194576319

Post by Henry Marczak »

I gained 24lbs in 4 months just by drinking whole milk with meals and between, about 8 litres a week.
Henry Marczak
Last Name: Mars attack
First Name: Henry
Address: Ontario Canada
Phone: 5194576319

Post by Henry Marczak »

I don't follow any strict eating rules, I eat when I'm hungry. Sometimes I'll have a bacon, Oktoberfest sausage and fried eggs sandwich. I generally eat healthy but I never pig out.
Yaeger1

Post by Yaeger1 »

How many calories a day do you eat?