Greg Hall
Last Name: Hall
First Name: Gregory
Address: 24 Kathkin Avenue Crumpsall manchester england
Phone: 07957643363

Dynamic Tension and Wing Chun !

Post by Greg Hall »

Greetings from the UK,

Amongst the various Martial Arts I do one of them is wing chun.
I have been doing the Atlas course now 52 days haven't missed a day and when I have done my single and double handed chi sau and my lop sau dill he says he can really tell a marked difference. If you follow the course properley including the Boxing JujItsu and catch wrestling you would become very fit strong and quite an accomplished Martial Artist. Great Stuff !
Bridge
Last Name: Boggs
First Name: Robert
Address: 1444 Midfield Drive

Re: Dynamic Tension and Wing Chun !

Post by Bridge »

It is a great course with so many pluses that you appreciate more and more as time goes by.
deejaye72
Last Name: berger
First Name: edward
Address: 2492 jackie moore circle acworth ga 30102
Phone: 7705299102

Post by deejaye72 »

dynamic tension is great for building the shoulder muscles and ligaments that we use in chi sao.
i'm a wing chun practioner also. if you bulk up too much you cant keep your elbows in as required for good wing chun.
weight training can be dtrimental if your not careful,but no problems with dt.
Henry Marczak
Last Name: Mars attack
First Name: Henry
Address: Ontario Canada
Phone: 5194576319

Post by Henry Marczak »

When I was doing Aikido I came earlier and did my Dynamic Tension exercises in the Dojo before the warm-up exercises, one of my faves was with the hands straight overhead and laying flat on the mats, bring the feet up and over to touch your fingertips, a slightly advanced version of exercise one in lesson four.
deejaye72
Last Name: berger
First Name: edward
Address: 2492 jackie moore circle acworth ga 30102
Phone: 7705299102

Post by deejaye72 »

henry thats fantastic! i was able at one time to do those. i'm back in training now and love dt i dont know why i left. i went to a certain resistance machine then bands. i always come back to the dt body weight excercises. it really works better for martial arts also.
Henry Marczak
Last Name: Mars attack
First Name: Henry
Address: Ontario Canada
Phone: 5194576319

Post by Henry Marczak »

A year ago I did a Boot Camp, for a month I went 3 mornings a week starting at 6am to 7. It was pretty much all body weight workouts, the only machine was the rowing machine which I liked, (it had that fan type wheel at the front} you could set your distance and time. They had big rubber bands but these were mainly used for stretch therapy. The weight lifting part was Olympic style but only with a plastic tube to master the technique which is very difficult, dead lifts we used some weight, not too heavy since 8 sets had to be done switched with 25 sit-ups. my shining moment was when it came to doing dips on the rings, the University athlete types could only do them with someone holding there arms together or they kept feet on the floor, I had no problem with doing them on my own in the air. I had better flexibility than the guys and sit-ups with feet flat on the floor were no problem, most couldn't keep their feet on the ground. We did some kettlebell swings and wall tossed a medicine ball. I was a good test and found my weakness, which is running out of breath with such things as burpees, we had to do 30 plus 25 squatting and 15 jump squats. I'm 60 and it was a good test to see how fit I am. At the start of the Boot Camp they asked each person to say what they had done before, the guys were mostly sports and weight training, the girls mostly fitness DVDs and sports, me I said Tai Chi and the Charles Atlas Dynamic Tension course.