The Legs

Talk about your course experiences, ask questions of fellow Atlas Students and have fun!
Henry Marczak
Last Name: Mars attack
First Name: Henry
Address: Ontario Canada
Phone: 5194576319

The Legs

Post by Henry Marczak »

An important thing I learnt from Tai Chi or Aikido was training the legs as #1. I come across lots of guys who just train the upper body and not even think about the legs. A really good exercise in the Dynamic-Tension system is exercise 7 in lesson 8. The legs can get very strong and muscular when trained for long sessions daily.
combat crew
Last Name: Mickey
First Name: Mouse
Address: Out of this world
Phone: 1234567890

Re: The Legs

Post by combat crew »

NICE POST HENRY,

EXERCISE 7 LESSON 8.

ALL THE BEST IAN
Nate Merit
Last Name: Merritt
First Name: Nathaniel
Address: 3811RockwoodWayAptKWestValleyCityUtah84120
Phone: 8019555471

Post by Nate Merit »

Agreed Heny.

I read an article a few years ago that explained how one could train just the legs, ad one's upper body would develop to a noticeable degree. Not nearly as much as if you're doing an upper body routine, but it does show how important the legs are.The reverse isn't true. You can train your upper body all you like but there will be no "spillover" effect on your legs.

NJM
Henry Marczak
Last Name: Mars attack
First Name: Henry
Address: Ontario Canada
Phone: 5194576319

The Legs

Post by Henry Marczak »

In my martial way training, the legs are the foundation. I read often of guys who do 200 - 400 dips a day but how many reps for the legs. I think if you do 200 dips then you should be doing the same for calves and upper leg.
warrior
Last Name: Get
First Name: Lost
Address: Parts unknown

Post by warrior »

a house is as strong as it's foundation and are legs are ours
combat crew
Last Name: Mickey
First Name: Mouse
Address: Out of this world
Phone: 1234567890

Post by combat crew »

I THINK THAT THE OLDER ONE GETS, THE LEG TRAINING BECOMES MORE IMPORTANT.

SO MANY OLDER PEOPLE CAN'T BEND DOWN, AND GET BACK UP WITHOUT A STRUGGLE. IT'S A REAL SHAME.

ALL THE BEST IAN
george
Last Name: kohlman
First Name: george
Address: 14 columbia pl Port washington ny
Phone: 5162449354

Post by george »

Right Ian. I neglected them in favor of expending energy on the upper body. Now I try to catch up. Running's helping. A prefer a moderate sprint for an eight to a quarter mile with walking in between. I believe jogging gives you bad form and I couldn't go that far since now I have poor circulation in calves.
curdog
Last Name: Hill
First Name: Kirby
Address: Kirby Hill 1023 Forrest Lane Carthage Texas 75633
Phone: 9363713628

Post by curdog »

Henry, I think you have a good idea there about working legs and calves as much as you do chest. I'm gong to put this into my routine and see what happens. Thanks!
SPEARHEAD
Last Name: Head
First Name: Spear
Address: 3 Earth Milky Way Galaxy

Post by SPEARHEAD »

The legs are one of the most, if not the most, beautiful members of the human body. It is one of the most, if not the most, important tools of the human body in maintaining health and strength. Without the legs, health becomes harder to maintain. It is a funny sight to see one whose biceps are bloated and they stand on bird legs. Do not neglect the legs! And don't over develop them either. Over developed legs look goofy too.
MrDynamic
Last Name: Michael Law
First Name: Tony
Address: 7WarwickRoadLondonN112TJ
Phone: 2223333

Post by MrDynamic »

I used to do wing chun martial arts and without the stance then you had no foundation - to stay in that position for 5 mins and your doing well -its kind of like doing mini squats - my legs ached all the time when I did wing chun. Thats why i always do squats and calfs before working out my chest :ugeek: