New Returning student

Talk about your course experiences, ask questions of fellow Atlas Students and have fun!
Jeffrey Horen
Last Name: Horen
First Name: Jeffrey
Address: 1800 N Cole Rd apt I 306 Boise ID 83704
Phone: 2083770368

New Returning student

Post by Jeffrey Horen »

Hello,
My name is Jeffrey Todd Horen. I have had the Chales Atlas book for five years now. I have found that in the past I always got started on the first lesson and never made it past, too bad for me. :cry: It was my loss. I read the books first chapters again this week after being away from it for quite some time. It made me realize that if I had been dedicated, I would now have the body of a miniature Greek God. :o This is frustrating, to say the least. :x

However, I thought back to the time I first bought the book and realized that I did it because after a full childhood of reading comic books and seeing "The insult that made a man out of Mac", my reasoning had been sound at the time. I simply wanted to have a better looking and healthier body. I will also say that it would be nice to be handsomer too.

I know this program will do it for me. I must now begin anew and dedicate myself. This is ironic, because when I recently started a new job with the phone company, one of the trainers defined the word "character" as the ability to follow through with a goal after the initial excitement has worn off. :? This being the case, I know that the initial excitement has been renewed and now I must follow through with the dedication and hard work necessary if I am to meet my full potential with this program.

I know, also, that I have what Charles Atlas would have described as harmful habits. I do not drink, but I do smoke, perhaps twice per day, and I drink a lot of caffeine. I probably would not have much trouble breaking these habits as I know I will lose the urge for my moderate smoking in three days and I will wash out the caffeine in five.

To put it simply, I no longer expect overnight results from what Mr. Atlas would have called "Weak, spasmodic efforts." I will also say that this begins this morning when I wake up with my first return to the exercises.
I am willing to wholeheartedly dedicate one year of my life to the program and see where it takes me.

There is no doubt in my mind that if I do this I may very well have the most improved body of the year by that point, and I may very well enter the contest. I will be posting my progress approximately every four weeks.

I am five feet four inches tall and currently weigh more than 184 lbs. needless to say I am far from attractive. I am firm in my belief that this will have changed in a year. :D

Who knows, by then, the girls, or should I say women, being that I am 41 years old, may even think I'm cool. 8-)

Wish me luck,

Jeffrey Todd Horen.
emfermi
Last Name: Fermi
First Name: Luis
Address: Pancho Fierro 130A Street Lima 27 Peru
Phone: 5114228670

Re: New Returning student

Post by emfermi »

Not only I wish you luck, but I wish you SUCCESS. You will find a lot of encouragement from this forum and the Charles Atlas ltd personel.
curdog
Last Name: Hill
First Name: Kirby
Address: Kirby Hill 1023 Forrest Lane Carthage Texas 75633
Phone: 9363713628

Post by curdog »

Take it slow. Be consistent. Don't expect overnight results. Atlas said "Be assured the results WILL come." Keep coming back to the forum for motivation and support.
Bridge
Last Name: Boggs
First Name: Robert
Address: 1444 Midfield Drive

Post by Bridge »

Just take it day by day, and success will be yours. Atlas said that "step by step, and the job is done." Just keep in your mind that the best is yet to come! Just remember to train and don't strain, make your exercise fun instead of a chore to be done with. The best of luck to you.