Throughout The Day....

How it feels to follow the principals of "Dynamic-Tension®"
Bridge
Last Name: Boggs
First Name: Robert
Address: 1444 Midfield Drive

Throughout The Day....

Post by Bridge »

Rather than do all my exercises morning and evening, I do some of them in little increments throughout the day as Atlas advised. What makes the course so great is that no equipment is needed, and it is not too hard to get a little workout in almost anywhere. Atlas was ahead of his time, this concept he advised way before the modern "grease the groove" idea which is being promoted.
SPEARHEAD
Last Name: Head
First Name: Spear
Address: 3 Earth Milky Way Galaxy

Re: Throughout The Day....

Post by SPEARHEAD »

Another thing that makes the Charles Atlas course a great course is that it is a complete course. Those instruction booklets that come with a box of weights tell you how to do the different weight lifting exercises, but they just don't really tell you how to put them together in a successful bodybuilding and health building routine. I haven't seen a recently purchased box of weights lately, so I don't know if that has changed. The Charles Atlas course does show you how to put everything together in a successful bodybuilding and health building program.
Bridge

Post by Bridge »

What I like about the Atlas Course is that it is complete within itself. There are other fitness courses on the market that are always trying to sell you supplements to their courses. The Atlas Course has met the test of time, and the results achieved by millions of students speak for themselves.
SPEARHEAD
Last Name: Head
First Name: Spear
Address: 3 Earth Milky Way Galaxy

Post by SPEARHEAD »

Recently, I have seen how much that box of weights cost now at a discount store near me. It was over a hundred bucks. The Atlas course is far cheaper than the weights and will do for you as much and more than the weights.
Bridge

Post by Bridge »

Yes, and you can do DT almost anywhere at any time. Your gym and your equipment is your own body. DT is unique to say the least.
Henry Marczak
Last Name: Mars attack
First Name: Henry
Address: Ontario Canada
Phone: 5194576319

Post by Henry Marczak »

Even before I get out of bed in the morning, I give a good stretch and flex my muscles, and recently got into doing crunches. I have no fat around my waist so now I seem to flex my abs a lot. Nowadays I train for health and not try to gain weight and look much more muscular than ever. When you get your body fat down, Dynamic tension becomes much more fun, its fantastic.

DT_lover
Last Name: w
First Name: a
Address: USA

Post by DT_lover »

Well, I do my DT in the morning and then I do my walking/running, as described in the DT course in the evening. I find this to be quite accomodative for me. I only do DT once daily, though. DT along with walking/running is the perfect combo.
Chris
Giant Soldier
Last Name: Cobb
First Name: Jim
Address: 5190 N Camino Esplendora
Phone: 5209069077

Post by Giant Soldier »

I bet I have the weirdest training regimen there is.

It's not ideal because I work 12-hour night shifts at an Emergency RN because I like the extra pay. Nevertheless, I need to stay in shape because I'm an Army Reservist. I've done more than stay in shape. Since I started training the Atlas way I've maxed my PT tests or come close to it.

I wake up at 3 p.m. Sometimes it's hard to get up but I usually keep the commitment I made to myself. I go outside in the shade and do 50-100 dips. Atlas talks about the importance of fresh air in the course and going outside has been great for me. Just having the sunshine and fresh air helps stave off the depression that comes with having a schedule that abnormal. At this time I do DT.

Then, around 3 a.m, when it's usually quiet at work, I go outside and knock out 50 dips. Can't do too many because it would look strange to come back inside and be all sweaty.

I've worn a pedometer at work and found that I walk about 3 miles during the course of a night.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who posts. I've learned a lot and had a lot to think about. I'd never be in this good of shape without DT. :)
DT_lover
Last Name: w
First Name: a
Address: USA

Post by DT_lover »

I'm sorry. I signed my name Chris at the bottom of my post. I was speaking to my nephew, whose name happens to be Chris as I was ending my post and signing it. My name is Wayne, hehe!
Wayne(not Chris)