We Must Avoid The Seven C's

How it feels to follow the principals of "Dynamic-Tension®"
Bridge
Last Name: Boggs
First Name: Robert
Address: 1444 Midfield Drive

We Must Avoid The Seven C's

Post by Bridge »

The seven c's can kill any attempt at maintaining a good diet. They are cakes (and pies), cookies, candies, chocolate, (ice) cream, chips, and crackers. If you can substitue raw fruits and vegetables for the seven c's, you're well on your way to maintaining a good diet. I have avoided the seven c's for about 3 weeks now, along with walking 3 miles a day as advised by Atlas, and the pounds are slowly but surely dropping. I can emphasize with anyone fighting the battle of the bulge.
emfermi
Last Name: Fermi
First Name: Luis
Address: Pancho Fierro 130A Street Lima 27 Peru
Phone: 5114228670

Re: We Must Avoid The Seven C's

Post by emfermi »

In general, we must avoid processed carbohydrates, which include anything containing sugar and white flour. Usually these come together in solid foods (cockies, cakes, etc.). Beware of bottled juices. In general they have tons of sugar, besides other nasty stuff.

Bridge you are right on pointing we should have raw fruits. They give you fiber, vitamins and sugar in a natural way. Just as DT trains our bodies the natural way!
hellbender451
Last Name: fonte
First Name: matthew
Address: flushing ny 11355

Post by hellbender451 »

There is another "C"
From Lesson 2
"The caffeine of coffee and tea is a deadly poison.__If you are wise you will avoid them."
So I've given up the only drug I've consumed almost daily since high school. I've tried a few times before, but Charles Atlas somehow gave me the motivation to do it. Not easy with one part time and one full time jobs plus over time, but, the strange thing is, I don't feel like I’m suffering from it. I can't say I feel much better, but certainly not worse, and, I keep in mind the long term benefits of non dependence on caffeine, improved vitamin absorption etc.
Bridge
Last Name: Boggs
First Name: Robert
Address: 1444 Midfield Drive

Post by Bridge »

Caffeine can be a tough habit to break, as many of us have used coffee as our morning wakeup for the day. I know it was tough to beat for me, as I had headaches for about a week after quitting coffee. This woke me up, though, realizing that coffee is really a drug, and the headaches were withdrawal symptoms. It was tough, not as tough as when I gave up cigarettes many, many years ago, but tough enough.
emfermi
Last Name: Fermi
First Name: Luis
Address: Pancho Fierro 130A Street Lima 27 Peru
Phone: 5114228670

Post by emfermi »

One of the most difficult advises CA gives for me to follow is to quit drinking coffe. Although I have cut my coffe consumption a great margin, I still like to have a cup or two per day. I used to have around 10 cups per day, which I admit was way beyond the maximum recommended by doctors, which is around 2 cups per day. The more I exercise, the easier it is for me to get my coffe intake down. :D
hellbender451
Last Name: fonte
First Name: matthew
Address: flushing ny 11355

Post by hellbender451 »

I admit, when I say I quit caffeine, what I mean is I am at a point where I go weeks without any, but, still enjoy the occasional cup of tea or coffee. Much the same way I consume alcohol, although, I go months between the occasional beer or wine etc. I almost never drink soda. Studies are constantly fluctuating on the health benefits and harm of these beverages, so I err on the side of trust in the advice and example of our mentor, Charles Atlas. Besides, nothing that is good for you can be good if you are addicted to it. Yes it is tough advice to follow. If your goal is just to cut back, congratulations and keep it up. If you are trying to quit, cutting back is the way to start. Step by step.
SPEARHEAD
Last Name: Head
First Name: Spear
Address: 3 Earth Milky Way Galaxy

Post by SPEARHEAD »

Should we put canola oil on this list?
atlas1212
Last Name: Panick
First Name: Jason
Address: 1758
Phone: 8313315526

Post by atlas1212 »

Canola oil is good.
SPEARHEAD
Last Name: Head
First Name: Spear
Address: 3 Earth Milky Way Galaxy

Post by SPEARHEAD »

I mentioned canola oil here because on another thread the FORUMADMIN frowned upon it being one of the good "C's." I have read that cancer patients shouldn't consume it.
atlas1212
Last Name: Panick
First Name: Jason
Address: 1758
Phone: 8313315526

Post by atlas1212 »

SPEARHEAD wrote:I mentioned canola oil here because on another thread the FORUMADMIN frowned upon it being one of the good "C's." I have read that cancer patients shouldn't consume it.
Why would the forum admin frown on Canola oil? It is a healthy oil and perhaps one of the lowest in saturated fat that can be used for cooking. (depending on you view of saturated fat. if you are on the other spectrum, then coconut oil would be the best choice).