We Must Avoid The Seven C's

How it feels to follow the principals of "Dynamic-Tension®"
ca_admin
Site Admin

Re: We Must Avoid The Seven C's

Post by ca_admin »

Canola is not the name of a natural plant but a made-up word, from the words "Canada" and "oil". Canola is a genetically engineered plant (GMO) developed in Canada from the Rapeseed Plant, which is part of the mustard family of plants.

What is suggested is do you own research on any product and see what it is and where it comes from and make up your own decision on which is good for you and which is not.

Forum Admin
The_Shadow
Last Name: Kruse
First Name: Chuck
Address: 12 West Front Street Albany NY

Post by The_Shadow »

Very true. The sad truth is, most of the commercial food in the USA is simply not good for you. The best advice I ever got was to go to the supermarket and do 'perimeter shopping'. This means, just walk around the outer edge of the store and don't go into the aisles. In most stores, this strategy takes you to the Produce section (buy ORGANIC if you can find it!) then Meats and Seafood, and finally Dairy and Cheese. After this stroll, go check out and bypass the processed stuff. This method will put you right in line with Charles Atlas' ideas on diet except that he liked whole wheat bread. Well I guess you can look for that if you like it!
Bridge
Last Name: Boggs
First Name: Robert
Address: 1444 Midfield Drive

Post by Bridge »

Perimeter shopping is the way to go. If we eat lots of raw fruits and vegetables, whole grains like oatmeal and Grape Nuts cereal, use fat free milk, eat fish and chicken, and avoid red meat, and do our Atlas Perpetual Lesson daily, we will be healthy individuals. This is what keeps me going in my golden years.
zigzag
Last Name: dinning
First Name: john
Address: 18 belvedere rd blackburn lancs
Phone: 01254245709

Post by zigzag »

Hi,
I'm new to the forum but have followed CA for a long time. I'm one of the many who can't seem to function without a few cups of tea ( in my case) although I quit having tea with caffeine long ago. There are many brands of decaffeinated teas and coffee on the market and they are well worth a try if you love your beverages.